Sun-A International Academy
School Policy
Full-time Study - Yearlong Program
Renewal of visa Full-time student's pre-college visa can be extended up to two years. The Acadmy will complete and file the application extension on behalf of the student.

If full-time student's class attendance is lower than 90%, however, he/she will have to go to the immigration office by himself/herself in order to explain clearly the reason for absence. At the time all documents originally for first visa application must be brought with the student.

There is a likelihood that the visa will only be extended for a period of three months to make sure of improving your class attendance. It is not very rare for the student to be given 15-day notice to prepare departing from Japan.

When applying for visa extension fill in the required application forms with supporting documentations, such as a copy of alien registration card and bank book to prove bank transfers for financial support, passport , and produce them to the school office together with a revenue stamp.

Application will not be processed unless the tuition fees are paid off.
Part-time study
Enrolment Part-time enrolment is effected by submissions of the completed form with a copy of photo ID. Students must pay the registration fee and first month's tuition at the time of the enrolment. If a student is enroled mid-month, the one month tuition will be charged. The monthly tuition is due the 7th day of each month for the following month. Once paid in full in advance, there are no refunds made for whatever reason, except in the event of course cancellations by the school. In such a case the tuition will be refunded within 2 weeks.
Attendance Part-time students are expected to attend all lessons as scheduled. For private students, one excused absence is allowed per quarter with notification to the teacher. In that case, notification must be made by 3:00 pm in 24 hours before the lesson day, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays. Make-up lesson may be scheduled at the discretion of the individual teacher. Failure to notify will result in charges for one absence.
Withdrawal Part-time students must make notice of withdrawal from a course in writing to the school. If a written notice is received before the 7th day of each month the monthly tuition will be adjusted or in any way pro-rated for uncompleted lesson days.


(C)Sun-A International Academy All rights reserved.